Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Thoughts. Decisions.

I've been looking at a lot of artists that have dealt with doppelganger and alter ego.

What I realized now is that these are two different subjects and that while I was going into
alter ego, I realize my work is more doppelganger, as it should be.

Alter-ego is an opposite, someone who does not appear to look like you nor is you.
But, a doppelganger, is your twin, someone who appears to look like you and may be you.

Why have I not had this epiphany before? Suddenly it took a definition, to set me straight.

I have dealt with critiques that have set my work back in progress. That my now called
"twins" are not contrasted enough. But yet, they are twins, and if so, they come from the same womb, and they look like each other, but yet they are not the same personality.

Parents may clothe twins the same, but they know they will grow up to become different people.

This woman may look similar to me, she is my doppelganger, my twin, she is not my alter-ego.

No comments:

Post a Comment